Uncle Marc as Birdhouse

An earlier birdhouse attracted many little birds to our property who subsequently gifted us with many blackberry bushes.  In gratitude for this summer treat, I came up with the idea for this whimsical, functional birdhouse in recycled pine.  

My grandson Clark decided that I had make a sculpture of his uncle and my son Marc and so named it.

Uncle Marc's full title is Big Uncle Little Marc, so as not to be confused with my younger brother, Little Uncle Big Mark.

This piece will be on display at the Art League of Lowell's 2024 "Sculpture" show, beginning in July.




2024, recycled Eastern White Pine, burned and polychromed with a polyurethane finish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fast Face Tutorial 2.1

Parthenon Griffon

Arts League of Lowell: Abstraction