Historic Oak Clock
A few years ago, the UU Church of Nashua started significant renovations. A multi century oak in front of the church (that was becoming sick) was removed and some of the wood was milled.
Also during the renovation project, components of the ancient heating system were replaced with more modern, efficient components.
Unfortunately one of those components was a gloriously ornate heating grate.
I was lucky enough to get some pieces of that oak and I decided I wanted to preserve the design of that grate that people walked across for literally a century or more.
In spite of my allergic reactions when I work with oak, I came up with a design for a clock.
This piece will be gifted to the church on it's 200th anniversary on September 27, 2026.
2026 oak, polychromed, polyurethane finish, mechanical components. Installed at the UU Church of Nashua NH.
Comments
Post a Comment